Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The day I met Betsy Ross.

So last Monday, one of my roommates and I decided to spend our morning off as tourists of Philadelphia.  We set off nice and early, ready for an adventure.  We got into the subway station and BOOM, it started to pour! Luckily, we had brought our umbrellas, and decided that we had already gotten up and ready pretty early (we left at 8:45am after having gone to bed around THREE, per usual), we would brave the storms.  When we got off the subway, though, we were pleasantly surprised, as the storms had turned into just regular rain, and then just a drizzle.  By mid-morning, the rain had worn off, and as an after-effect, it wasn't quite as hot as it had been the past few days!

Our first stop was to get our tickets for a tour of Independence Hall.  Here's the rest of the day in pictures...

(PS, everyone who knows my directional abilities, or lack thereof, should be incredibly impressed, because we walked around a good bit of Philadelphia using just a MAP to get to where we were headed.  No GPS. That's what I call growth.)





















The Liberty Bell

Betsy Ross' House, where we met the real Betsy Ross.  Ha.








This was obviously a children's museum.  So, we acted like children. :)

To finish up our walking tour of Philly, we stopped at Jim's, home of THE BEST Philly Cheesesteaks.  They even had a vegetarian option for me! It was every bit as good as we had heard!







1 comment:

Snona said...

Geales!!! I'm reading your blog<3 and I love you and miss you dearly. Let's have an across country adventure please.