Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Home is where the heart is.







I love being home.  Don't get me wrong, I LOVE love love Athens, with all my heart.  But there's something about coming home that just... ahhhhh.  The smell of my house (not a bad smell.  a unique smell.  a homey, welcome home smell.  you know what I mean).  My bedroom.  My desk.  My bed (which, yes, even though it's 10:30pm, I'm in bed).  Everything.  I LOVE it.


In a few days, yes, I'm sure I'll be ready to get back to Athens, back to my college friends, back to my college-life.  But for now, I'm enjoying bumming around, taking long, hot baths, eating the food we always have at home, sitting at the kitchen table with my sister while she does her homework (which is now AP World History instead of 5th grade science projects), reading on the back porch while watching our puppies play (ok, so they aren't puppies anymore), watching tennis with my brother, and drinking coffee in the kitchen while everyone gets ready for school and work. I'll enjoy spending time with my high school friends, visiting old teachers, running with my high school coach, and having lunch with some incredible ladies who not only let me spend time with their incredible children (and paid me for it :) ! ) but also truly shaped the person I'm becoming.


And I'm excited.


happy day, folks :)

No comments: