Thursday, May 28, 2009

Almost didn't make it!

So thankfully right now I'm sitting in the airport terminal waiting for Anne's flight from NOLA to get in. That almost didn't happen.

So I get to the airport with about 3 hours before my flight. Excellent start. Say my goodbyes, attempt to calm my butterflies that have grown to the size of large geese inside my stomach. I walk over to the self check in kiosks, like always, and attempt to check in. I scan my itinerary, passport, and everything is fine. Then, though, it asks me for the credit card with which I purchased the tickets. Uh oh. That credit card, which I ONLY use in the US is sitting on my desk. At home. I had noooo idea I needed it.

Ok, I think, this is probably just at the kiosk. So I wait in the international line for about half an hour, talking to all the people around me and of course making new friends (sorry, Andrew, haha). I finally get up to the desk, still cheery and polite, and the attendant asks me for my card. I let her know what's going on, and she informs me I cannot fly without that card. CANNOT FLY. I tell her I have another card and she tells me I'll have to repurchase tickets! Really, Delta?? Also, unfortunately she speaks only a little broken English so I'm sure she thought I was a fraud fleeing the country. Luckily, she called someone else over who said that I would be able to essentially re purchase the tickets with a new card and be just fine. Well that attendant left and the original one attempted to do just this, and then informed me that the price of the ticket had changed, therefore I owed Delta about $300. Um no thanks. After another 15 minutes, and another attendant, though, everything was sorted out. Hopefully. We'll see if I make it back :). Haha. Oh yes, and then she informed me that I needed a visa to go to Ghana. Yes, I replied, I have one. Her: no you don't. Yes, its right here, I said, pointing to the bright yellow card in my passport saying VISA. Oh. Ok. But anyways, I made it. And now I'm on the plane to new york! Woooo!
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: