Thursday, March 26, 2009

Patience

Patience is something I know I should work on. Patience and control. I get stressed out in situations when I don't know exactly what is going on, exactly why it is going on, and what the timetable is. I know it is an issue of trust. I think many people in general are so used to being "in control" of their lives that they forget a sense of peace should not come from being in control, but in knowing GOD is the only one who IS in control. My devotion from DEVOG explains this really well, I think:

TODAY’S VERSE
“Being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience.”
Colossians 1:11 (NIV)

“But the fruit of the Spirit is - patience!”
Galatians 5:22 (NIV)

TODAY’S THOUGHT
Patience can be a very difficult to come by and yet what a powerful attribute to have. Think of all that could be done if we acted with patience instead of haste and pressure. Think of all the aggravation that could have been avoided had we waited just a little longer. Think of all the headache and tension that could have been obsolete had we just had patience. Patience is a sign of God’s presence in our life. It is the result of His Spirit living in us, strengthening us with His might! Today, when difficulties come, when plans get foiled or someone else’s urgency becomes our emergency, let us ask for patience. Let us cry out to God for strength and endurance and by His grace, patience will be a fruit of the Spirit that is alive in us.

TODAY’S PRAYER
Father, thank You for Your presence in my life. Thank You for the strength and endurance that You give me. I pray that it will produce the patience that I need for today.
AMEN

No comments: