Wednesday, June 23, 2010

I'll admit it...

I'm probably the worst blogger EVER.  But I am having a wonderful time here at Institute, and loving Teach For America more and more as the days go by!  Just a few quick updates (more later, I promise!)


  • For those of you who don't know, I'm working as an Operations Coordinator for Teach For America.  It's their intern position--this year, there are 19 Operations Coordinators, mostly rising college seniors, but a few rising sophomores and juniors.  It's really an incredible group of people and I've absolutely LOVED getting to know everyone.  We're responsible for making sure Institute runs smoothly--we've transformed the 1300 dorm of Temple University into Teach For America land.  From the ground up.  Literally, we've unpacked more boxes than I've ever seen in my LIFE! But it's been a lot of fun!
  • Specifically, I'm the Supplies System Coordinator on the Office Operations team.  AKA, I'm in charge of ALLLLLL the supplies for Institute! I LOVE school supplies and I get to spend my day organizing them and passing them out. Besides a few missing gluesticks, it's been pretty good.  We're definitely moving all day, which is lots and lots of fun!
  • Philly is great. Loooove it.
Alright, y'all, we're off to Wendy's for a late night snack, looove y'all!

3 comments:

jessica said...

I love your blog. And am reminded of why I love diet coke. had been trying to give it up but now...

csnorton said...

Ah! So excited! I'm sorry I haven't gotten in contact... so much walking makes me barely move once I get into my room. It's been crazy hectic (as I assume it is for you as well!)

I will be free all day Saturday (well, I might get together with another friend too) and Sunday though, so we should definitely find something fun to do in the city if you have any time.

... or tomorrow night!

Kelley Moore said...

Yay Geales! I love you! I loved Institute as an OC, and I'm a little terrified of being a CM, but I'll see you in a few days to figure it all out. Please help keep me sane, k!? LOVE YOU!