Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Dysfunctional Family Thanksgiving

So for the second year in a row, a group of friends gathered for a potluck style Thanksgiving dinner.  After living with this group of 20 amazing, unique, awe-inspiring people, getting together with them is like coming home to a huge family celebration.  I can't even begin to explain what each of these people mean to me, except that when we get together, I feel like everything is right with the world.  These are the people I know will always, ALWAYS be there for me.  These are the people who saw me go crazy in Oxford, told me to run across that bridge in Barcelona, packed into a boat cabin like sardines, experienced the infamous S'Korea together, hiked the Inca Trail together, and so much more... They really do feel like a family.

The story behind the name: Spring Break our freshman year, a group of five of us was wandering around New York City--Bobby, Rachel, Alex, Aaron, and I.  Somehow, we assigned roles to each other.  Bobby and I were the parents, Aaron was our oldest son, Rachel was the middle child, and Alex was the youngest (I think).  Throughout the rest of the week, our family grew--we had mistresses, crack-babies, and illegitmate children until everyone joined the family.  One of the last nights in DC, we were out to eat and one of the desserts was called the "Dysfunctional Family Sundae."  And so we were named.

This year, I held the 2nd annual Dysfunctional Family Thanksgiving.  It was a night filled with sparkling cider, pies and stuffing galore, Matt's famous Turkey (which even the vegetarians admitted smelled VERY DELICIOUS!), Rock Band, and good friends.  Heavenly.














Happy Turkey Day :)

No comments: