Friday, September 25, 2009

happy.

In the past week, several people have asked me, point blank, "Are you happy?"  Once was expected, many were not.  The first, the expected, my answer was automatic: "Of course." As I was winding down that night, though, I thought about it.

And I am even more certain of my answer.

I. am. happy.  And unbelievably so.  I am surrounded, in every arena of my life, by incredible, outstanding people (if I spend any amount of time with you, chances are, I think you're amazing.).  Inspiring people with huge hearts.  HILARIOUS people.  I am involved with organizations I think are doing incredible things. I feel like God is putting me in the right place in the right time.  I feel His presence in my life. 

Why wouldn't I be?  Life isn't perfect. But the thing is, if you look for the jagged edges, you'll find them.  But if you look for the beauty, it's everywhere.  The jagged edges included.  If you know my mom, you know she's probably the most positive person EVER.  And yes, sometimes this is annoying--mainly when I'd like to be complaining and she keeps trying to readjust my vision.  But as much as I sometimes hate to admit it, she's right.  I mentioned this earlier, and it's absolutely ridiculous and 99% of you would probably make fun of me for doing this, but I do it anyways.  Count your blessings (I literally do this.  yes, I'm a nerd.), because the thing is, the more of them you see, the even MORE of them you see.  Seriously, try it.  Just once.  If you think it's totally pointless, you can make fun of me, but it just makes me so FREAKING HAPPY when I remember all the wonderful parts of my day.   Life is life. Life is BEAUTIFUL.

Whoever is happy will make others happy too.
-Anne Frank

(PS, this is so true.  It's rare that I'm around a truly joyful person and don't leave that person overjoyed as well.)

No comments: