Monday, September 14, 2009

count your blessings.

Literally.  At the (somewhat sarcastic) suggestion of a friend, I've taken to writing down the little things that put a smile on my face...

1. realizing that the book I have to read for history is 50 pages shorter than I thought it was.
2. the big hugs I get from the 2 year olds at Waumba Land :)
3. a text from my mom simply saying, I hope you're having a great day.
4. new friends.
5. meeting up with a very special faculty member of the Honors program, who asks me what I'm doing, how I'm doing, and telling me she's proud of me.
6. teach for america, and the wonderful people I get to work with.  enough said.
7. sunsets.
8. getting a book in the mail.
9. i love you's.
10. the incredible, laugh inducing atmosphere of a georgia football game... especially after a win :)

And now, back to statistics.  Which certainly does NOT put a smile on my face.

No comments: