Friday, January 1, 2010

new years resolutions

so I absolutely LOVE this time of the year, as I'm sure y'all all know :)  Halloween to January is the best time of the year.  Just in case you haven't heard this, I'll outline my reasoning.  Halloween: we dress up.  And get candy.  And it's Georgia-Florida.  Really?  What else do you need?  November brings my BIRTHDAY (21 this year--yay!) and Thanksgiving.  Oh Thanksgiving.  A no pressure holiday.  Bring food.  Eat food.  The end--no presents to worry about, thank you notes, just a great way to bring in the holiday season!

And then we have December.  Let's just review: Christmas movies, Christmas carols, Christmas cookies, Christmas milkshakes.  Everything Christmas!  And everyone's in a great mood.  And everyone is loving and giving and just wonderful :) Haha.  Maybe a little overboard, but whatevs.

And New Years.  I love New Years, the opportunity to start over.  The hope of a new year.  Looking back on all of the wonderful things of the past year.  A few years ago, my mother began having us each set goals, and each month we "report" on our progress at a family dinner.  Yes, we all sigh and dread it sometimes, but I actually enjoy setting goals. Anticipating great changes and great possibilities.

Along that line, here's a great blog by Don Miller about the new year!

http://donmilleris.com/2010/01/01/living-a-good-story-an-alternative-to-new-years-resolutions/

No comments: